Developing a strong comping and chord vocabulary is just as important as learning licks and scales. But with there being so many chords and comping techniques, knowing how to study them effectively can be tough. With many books simply just being a thesaurus of chords with little to no application or explanation, it leaves most guitarists confused, resulting in them forgetting half of the chords learnt on the first page by the time they get half way through the book.
Because of this, I decided to put together a 30 day project in the summer of 2012, where each day for 1 month I posted a range of lessons covering many different comping and chord techniques.
Although, this was only a 30-day project, the aim was to give jazz guitarists a thorough understanding, application, and dictionary of chords and comping techniques to open up their ears and minds to new possibilities on the instrument, as well as provide practical material that guitarists can use after the month is over.
After running this series in the summer of 2012 and getting an extremely positive response and comments about the lessons I was encouraged to put together an ebook based on the series so that each lesson can be bought for for the low price of $14.99 US which is less than 50 cents per lesson.
The book features all of the original 30 lessons, all of which have been expanded and edited. There’s more than 20 pages of extra material and explanations, as well as accompanying audio and bonus lessons that have never before been published on the this site.
When Buying This Ebook You Get
Over 40 Audio Examples to Accompany Etudes and Examples
Printable and Clear PDF Format
A Chronological Order of Lessons
30 Original Lessons With Included Expanded Bonus Material
Over 20 New Pages of New Material
3 Bonus Lessons Not Available on This Site
Learning Resources and Material to Keep You Practicing For Months
All for less than 1 Dollar Per Lesson!
Improve Your Jazz Playing Today!
You can buy the 30 Days to Better Jazz Guitar Comping through the secure site below.
Payments can be made through Paypal with either a money transfer, Debit Card or Credit Card, or if you have not registered a Paypal account you can sign in as a guest and use your debit or credit card to make things quick and easy.
To Pay With a Credit or Debit Card Just Follow These 3 Easy Steps
Follow the Link Below
Click Add to Cart
Click Checkout With Paypal
Click Dont Have a Paypal Account (Then enter your information)
30 Days to Better Jazz Guitar Comping List of Lessons
- Lesson 1: Practicing Jazz Chords
- Lesson 2: Triads
- Lesson 3: Chord Construction
- Lesson 4: Shell Voicings
- Lesson 5: Drop 2 Chords
- Lesson 6: Drop 3 Chords
- Lesson 7: Dominant 7b9 Chords
- Lesson 8: Jim Hall Diminished Chords
- Lesson 9: 4th Voicings
- Lesson 10: Quartal Etude
- Lesson 11: Close-Position Voicings
- Lesson 12: Major II-V-I Comping
- Lesson 13: Minor II-V-I Comping
- Lesson 14: The Charleston Rhythm
- Lesson 15: Chord Synonyms
- Lesson 16: Four to A Bar Style Comping
- Lesson 17: Chord Soloing
- Lesson 18: Chord Licks
- Lesson 19: Blues Chord Solo Etude
- Lesson 20: Combing Chords and Single Lines
- Lesson 21: Solo Guitar Arranging
- Lesson 22: Inner String Movements
- Lesson 23: Bossa Nova Comping
- Lesson 24: Comping with Bass Lines
- Lesson 25: Walking Bass Line Etude
- Lesson 26: Jazz Guitar Intros
- Lesson 27: Jazz Guitar Endings
- Lesson 28: Rhythm Changes Comping
- Lesson 29: Rhythm Changes Etude
- Lesson 30: I-VI-II-V Variations
Bonus Lesson Material
- Lesson 31: Learning Chord Progressions
- Lesson 32: Rhythm Changes Comping
- Lesson 33: Right Hand Jazz Guitar Technique
- Lesson 34: Jazz Guitar Comping Tips